I went to Nurnberg, Munich, and Oktoberfest this past weekend. Hector and I went from Berlin to Nurnberg by bus (a 6 hour ride) friday morning. We met up with some of our friends there and stayed in Nurnberg that night. Our friend Ben P. showed us around Nurnberg a little that night and bought us some interesting cookies that are famous in Nurnberg (or something like that). I thought it was a cute town even though I didn't get to see very much of it.
Saturday morning all of us went to Munich (where Oktoberfest is held). After a crazy 2 hour train ride we arrived. The place was filled with girls wearing dirndls and boys wearing lederhosen. Oktoberfest basically looked like a giant carnival filled with all sorts of rides, stands where you could buy candy, fruit, nuts, pretzels, and more. There are several beer tents (I think 6) and they are huge (of course). We managed to get inside the Paulaner tent and we managed to get a seat. We sat there for a few hours drinking, singing and dancing. It was crazy and fun.
After we did that for a few hours we decided to go see some of Munich. We saw a lovely church, some giant lego tower thing, a cute fountain (Ben's favorite fountain apparently), and saw the ever popular Marienplatz. We came back to Nurnberg that night and everyone sat in our hostel room (the one Kelly and I were staying in) and talked for hours.
On sunday it was time to go home. Over all, Oktoberfest was a pleasant success.

No comments:
Post a Comment