Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Leaving Tomorrow

When I was a junior in high school, a bunch of chinese exchange students came to Baton Rouge for a week. When my family was offered the chance to be a host family for one of them, we jumped at the opportunity. The experience was fun but it didn't last nearly long enough to get as much out of it as we would have liked. But the best part was that now I was involved with an exchange program called Nacel Open Door. 
That July I was able to host a French student named Ana for a month. It was then that I started searching the NacelOpenDoor website for my own opportunity to study abroad. That was when I stumbled upon the Congress-Bundestag Vocational Youth Exchange Program. It's a scholarship program which allows 25 students that have just graduated from high school to live in Germany for a year to not only learn German and experience some of the German culture, but also do an internship in a field of their choosing. 
Well, after months of working on papers and going through an interview, I got the scholarship and tomorrow I leave with 24 of the coolest people to Bonn, Germany (where I will be staying for the next 7 weeks). 

LoveLoveLove
                Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment